Tuesday, March 11, 2014

It's been a while...again. BUT I HAVE A NEW NOVEL!!

Pulling up my blog, Freelancer's Funk and I notice the last time I posted a blog was in December. Like mid-December. I know, I know, PATHETIC. But hey, it's been pretty busy. OK, not so busy. A quick update on what's been going on. The date after my last post, I ended up with an infection in my left leg and on antibiotics for ten days. Thought it was all over, but the pain was unbearable. I went to the E.R. on New Year's Day(way to bring in 2014) and ended up admitted for three full days. Then I get released and the first of four, bipolar snowstorms and a Polar Vortex began. So recuperating and digging up the car and house through February took over my life. Thankful to God for all of the recuperation. Now on to a more important entry...
On March 3, my solo debut as an author happened! After tweaking on this seven-year-old manuscript, I finally decided to publish it myself. And that would not have happened if my sister had not sent me a link to a competition from Amazon. While I did not meet the contest deadline, I went on and checked out createspace.com and decided to finish the manuscript and do the free publishing kit the site offered. I have received numerous congratulations and people have purchased a copy. "Dead Lies" is a crime drama regarding a newspaper correspondent who covers a murder but somehow gets deeper into the mystery of the murder than he cares to. Is it inspired by my work as a correspondent? Somewhat. Is it based on a true story? Totally fiction. I had a ball revising it and I hope you will support and buy copies for your enjoyment. Dead Lies by Miss Lisa D. DeNeal Link: http://amzn.com/1496143752

No comments:

Post a Comment